Monday, November 2, 2015

A Introduction to Britannia Productions

A Introduction to Britannia Productions


Hi, My name is Arran Heaton and I’m the founder of Britannia Productions; Run by musicians, for musicians!

A bit about me…  

I have been interested in technology for as long as  I can remember.  As a child I would retrieve broken electronic gadgets from the dustbin, to take apart and reconstruct into some new ‘invention’  – much to the annoyance of my parents!  So it was no surprise that after getting my first computer I soon became the family ‘expert’, regularly being called upon to diagnose and fix problems, or to teach granddad!  

In fact, my love of technology turned out to be quite a lucrative hobby, as from the  age of 9 to 15 I lived in a small French village, where the English ex-pat community were very appreciative of a bi-lingual young boy who could not only translate their mail, get their satellite TV s, internet and computers working, but also be paid in chocolate! 

Music, on the other hand, was something that I developed an interest in much later on, when I learned to play guitar for an end of term show and instantly loved the feeling of having the crowd sing along and applaud my performance (It wasn’t the best either).  

Since then, music and performing have been a key part of my life: I taught myself to play piano for my music GCSE; performed in the district choir and as a soloist at the regional ‘Let’s Sing’ event; acted and sang in productions of Footloose and Little Shop of Horrors; performed as part of a Glee Club tour of Lake Garda - Italy, where we gave several evening concerts in beautiful town squares around the lake.  

One of my proudest and most memorable musical achievements was becoming a Guinness world record holder as part of the ‘Stick it to MS’ drumming world record, which raised over £100,000 for charity.  

After leaving Winstanley college in the winter of 2014, I wasted no time in co-founding Liberty Sound Ltd recording studios at the age of just 17. 

I left my active role in the company to continue my education, studying Audio Production at SAE Liverpool. I plan to use my time here to continuously develop and refine my skills as not only a producer but also as a artist. 

No comments:

Post a Comment