Friday, November 6, 2015

strengths and weakness

strengths and weakness 

Though I have been playing a verity of instruments for many years now, from my first recorder lesson age 6 to teaching my self piano at age 15 for my music GCSE, I have yet to perfect one…  This is an unfortunate bad habit I inherited from my father, who has had every job under the moon yet is a master at none.  

My lack of determination to finish things has annoyed most people who know me, I will start many a project with so much enthusiasm then if I have to stop to do something else it will get put off for weeks and weeks until I get reminded (usually the day before it’s due) when I will stay up and work till the early hours of the morning until it’s finished.  This trait is very clearly demonstrated by taking a look on my cubase projects folder of my home-studio PC, you will find about 150 files, yet only about 30 in the final bounces folder.

Over the past few months, I have started to break the trend by organising - another one of my key areas for improvement -my schedule with more accuracy as well as sticking to it!  I’m convinced the move to university will force me to develop these skills as well as helping me think analytically instead of descriptively as before.  


However when I do set my mind to something and if I like the project, I can produce brilliant turn around times.  One example of this is a demo I was asked to produce for the band I was working for at the time, which included 2 of my closest friends and a student called Max Davis who I was mentoring in preparation to be my co engineer on the big music show (something he did extremely well).  The track, a cover of ‘Falling Slowly'  form the musical 

No comments:

Post a Comment